First of all, please ensure that "Clipboard" is enabled in the "Redirection" settings of your Remote Desktop connection.
A common problem is that the process that handles clipboard redirection (rdpclip.exe) hangs on the remote machine.
Most of the time this can be fixed by following these steps:
- Connect to the remote machine
- Kill rdpclip.exe using task manager
- Log off from the remote machine
- Reconnect to the remote machine
- Check that rdpclip.exe is running again and if not launch it manually
Tags: RDP Remote Desktop FreeRDP Clipboard Copy Paste rdpclip rdpclip.exe