Schedule and Execute Remote Scripts / Applications
I would love for RTS Server to enable me to schedule and execute remote commands on client PC's and servers.
Currently i use LogMeIn Central which has a feature called One2Many. You upload your maintenance script, any dependencies (binary files, definitions, etc). It's then deployed and run when you schedule it to.
It would be great of Royal Server could:
- Deploy / execute remote script.
- Return a status log / success result. (Read exit codes from script)
- Return a log.txt which my script would output.
- Have a dashboard with pretty graphs that show problem computers where the script did not finish correctly. (Optional)
- If you needed to limit the file size to < 10MB or something that would be fine. (RDP File transfer is terrible). I can worry about getting any dependencies to the machines in other ways.
Some additional info:
- My company manages many small and medium sized client networks remotely who do not have their own internal IT department.
- I would like to host the Royle Server that is a hub for all clients RDP connections and schedualed jobs. Everything gets controlled from my server.
- Would like to avoid installing anything major on their client PC's if possible. I suspect there would need to be a bridge of some sort on their server so my Royal Server could talk to their local network.
So would be like:
My Mac running Royal TS Client > My Royal Server (Hosted in my office, aws, wherever) > client office server running bridge to access local network.