organizational Units to Folders, etc.
Currently I can import all AD computer objects in an OU by navigating to that OU by doijng a "Add: Remote Desktop Connections: Clicking on the "..." to the right of "Computer Name", click Browse Network: Change Locations to the Domain OU that I want to import, Type the first Letter of all the Objects I want to import, Click Check Names, do a Select all, click OK, and then click OK again to get all Ojbects.
Two features that would be nice here:
1. When clicking Locations, I always import from the Domain, never the Local PC. Is there any way to have RoyalTS default to the Domain?
2. When doing a mass import like this, I get all objects in the OU, as well as Sub OUs. I'm ok with this, but it would be nice if I could select just the OU's Objects only, and ignore the Sub OU.
3. Is Royal TS able to import all OUs as Folders in the Royal TS Document, and place all objects in the those folders equal to the OUs they are in?
4. When importing from an OU, is there a wildcard to get all objects in that OU? currently all objects start with the same Letter, so that works for me, but if they did not have the same first letter, a wildcard would be helpful to get a pattern.
5. When I import, I see the Computer Description available during the import, It would be nice to import that data into a field for that RDP item in RoyalTS.
Tajo Fittkau commented
This feature (dynamic folders) would be totally awesome, Esp when you can define a specific LDAP query and the LDAP server per folder.
Using a bunch of generated AD environments for testing this would be awesome.
we do have a feature on our roadmap called "Dynamic Folders" which allow you to create connections within that folder based on a datasource (such as an LDAP query). I guess this would solve all your issues mentioned here. We still have no time line when we will add this but it is very high on our list.